I saw people raving about cauliflower rice for a while, but I dreaded the work of grating the cauliflower and cleaning up. Oh boy, after I made this fried rice, I am a convert. It’s as close to real fried rice as it can get–worth the clean up! It’s very important to make sure that the cauliflower is grated small enough, otherwise it won’t come out with fried-rice texture.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1/2 tbs shrimp paste (sub for just sea salt or fish sauce for those who cannot find this)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 2 strips bacon, cut
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5-6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2-4 Thai chili
- lime for garnish (but so necessary!)
- fish sauce or coconut amino soy-free sauce
- Grate cauliflower with food processor, grater, or primal style by hand! I used my omega juicer as food processor
- In a wok, or big pan, brown garlic in coconut oil. Add bacon, shrimp paste, celery, kaffir lime leaves and chili.
- After these are all cooked, add grated cauliflower. Season with fish sauce or coconut amino sauce. Stir until cook
Remember, It’s not real Thai fried rice without lime juice squeezed on top! For those who like it more spicy or salty, add Thai-chili fish sauce on the side!
(Thai chili fish sauce is just chopped Thai chili added in fish sauce and sometimes with lime juice)
QuoteBody not stiff, mind stiff -- Sri K Pattabhi Jois
Enjoy the blog and like to support?
- Kabocha Squash Recipes (Curry, Stir-fry and Roasted)
- Shopping Healthy on a Budget
- Zucchini Carbonara
- Paleo Coq au Vin
- Thai Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Shrimp Paste (Kapi) and Dried Shrimps (Kung Hang)
- Weekend Hike: Camelback Mountain, Scottsdale
- Bratwurst and Butternut Squash
- Marichyasana D
- Procrastination and shopping haul: Mika shorts
Take yoga outdoor
Surya Namaskara B- Mogollon Rim, AZ
Tagsalignment anusara anxiety Arizona ashtanga ashtanga yoga camping cauliflower commitment core exercise creativity detox education fashion haul fat loss fitness flower forearm balance goals hiking hip opening hips Inspiration intent inversion inversions juicing karma yoga knee knee pain let go local low-carb diet marichi D mindfulness oil paleo prayanama primary series recipe stress success teacher Thai food travel tree upper body exercise vinyasa krama weight loss Wisdom worry Yoga